Forum Rules

merc1ermerc1er Posts: 40 admin
edited October 15 in Rules

BitcoinCashTalk.org Rules

General Rules

• Everyone is allowed to talk about anything they want as long as it respects others, the non-aggression principle and it is posted in the appropriate category.
  • Thus, scams and aggressive advertising are not allowed.
  • No trolling.
  • No unsolicited comments and private messages (spam).
  • These rules apply everywhere.

Category Rules

• Discussions should be started in the category that is the most suited.
  • Moderators can move discussions to the category they see more appropriate.
  • If you would like a category to be created, please start a discussion here.
  • Some categories are restricted to certain members, such as the “Trusted Developers” discussions.

Signature Rules

• No referral link in signatures.
  • Signatures do not exceed 40 characters.
  • No images.
  • No sensitive (NSFW) content in signatures.

Posting Rules

• No useless content.
  • Thus, no short unsolicited comments (such as “yes” or “funny”).
  • No outside linking with no other content.
  • Sensitive (NSFW) discussions should be prefixed [NSFW] and generally posted in the ‘Other’ category.
  • Sensitive (NSFW) content includes adult content, gore and others.

Comments

• autisticmelonautisticmelon Posts: 13

I like the rules so far, but i think that certainly all kinds of referral links should be not allowed, because personally i think that every referral link should be considered as spam. Of course there is signatures plugin for advertising user ref links, but i think that this would be indeed a bad decision to implement because most probably this would end up in countless amount of signature campaign spam, as seen on bitcointalk.

Also it is very hard to define the line between trolling and actually humoristic amount of sarcasm.

Just my two cents :)

• merc1ermerc1er Posts: 40 admin

@autisticmelon said:
    I like the rules so far, but i think that certainly all kinds of referral links should be not allowed, because personally i think that every referral link should be considered as spam. Of course there is signatures plugin for advertising user ref links, but i think that this would be indeed a bad decision to implement because most probably this would end up in countless amount of signature campaign spam, as seen on bitcointalk.

Also it is very hard to define the line between trolling and actually humoristic amount of sarcasm.

Just my two cents :)

Thank you for your feedback @autisticmelon . I am currently working on trying to set rightful rules, the list will be updated soon and I'll be sure to take your feedback into account :)

• Great. Honored to be part of this revolution. Nice laid down rules

• Should we have bounty topic?

• autisticmelonautisticmelon Posts: 13

@Favour1995 said:
    Great. Honored to be part of this revolution. Nice laid down rules

They still need alot of work though. As far as i know, @merc1er is still working on more complete set, while keeping the rules to as minimal as possible.

@Cold_Zero said:
    Should we have bounty topic?

Why? Bounties for what? If you mean signature campaigns and things like that, i personally think them as unneeded because of the amount of spam that they increase. Would help alot if you could explain what do you mean :)

• ndok88ndok88 Posts: 2
    Are u use merit too for rank member?
  • merc1ermerc1er Posts: 40 admin

@ndok88 said:
    Are u use merit too for rank member?

I will consider implementing something like that soon