Stake your bitcoin address

Hello everyone! I am making this thread, because if some day your account gets stolen, you need to have a way to prove ownership of your account. Gladly we have cryptographic ways to prove such things, which is why i am making this thread.

Remember to quote previous poster at the same time you are posting your own message, that way the signed message still exists even if it does get edited. Remember that you need to verify messages with a wallet, that supports "CashAddr" format, such as Electroncash

Here is mine:

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
This is autisticmelon from bitcoincashtalk.org and today is 20.09.2018.
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
bitcoincash:qpdlm9uqcvz5qp5v5fxyrkzu2hgltfedpclamr2phc
HwNoThQdd9ea/R6cbtzV4T3qv0JFyexNSmpozgV+crafb0bQpusnveB1/vLbYPU5K4OVK/Enhq5bP1MED9f1r4Q=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Feel free to ask help with message signing and verification.

Comments

• merc1ermerc1er Posts: 40 admin

@autisticmelon said:
    Hello everyone! I am making this thread, because if some day your account gets stolen, you need to have a way to prove ownership of your account. Gladly we have cryptographic ways to prove such things, which is why i am making this thread.

Remember to quote previous poster at the same time you are posting your own message, that way the signed message still exists even if it does get edited. Remember that you need to verify messages with a wallet, that supports "CashAddr" format, such as Electroncash

Here is mine:

HwNoThQdd9ea/R6cbtzV4T3qv0JFyexNSmpozgV+crafb0bQpusnveB1/vLbYPU5K4OVK/Enhq5bP1MED9f1r4Q=

Thank you for making the forum more secure :)

merc1er from bitcoincashtalk.org and today is September 20 2018
    qzmuhlmumfsah09ws508pmlsj3gyeue2gywvnseta6
    H5FZ3y3vmfWXmodDO1HhcOtTxNc7WA1eywFgOr2IL6N2U3jtxb2PMsj9++1rN3RJUAjrlB0IMfqkh0LwxpFmG0s=

• @merc1er said:

@autisticmelon said:

Here is mine:

Thank you for making the forum more secure :)

merc1er from bitcoincashtalk.org and today is September 20 2018
    qzmuhlmumfsah09ws508pmlsj3gyeue2gywvnseta6
    H5FZ3y3vmfWXmodDO1HhcOtTxNc7WA1eywFgOr2IL6N2U3jtxb2PMsj9++1rN3RJUAjrlB0IMfqkh0LwxpFmG0s=

Quoted.